New Technology found in Mercedes-Benz Models
New Mercedes-Benz models are packed with cutting-edge technology that helps drivers stay connected, improve road safety and assist with day-to-day tasks like finding directions and making a reservation at your favorite restaurant.
All of the innovations are designed to make the experience of driving a Mercedes-Benz easier, safer and more pleasurable.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the amazing technological advancements found in the newest Mercedes-Benz models:
Self-driving cars are the holy grail of the auto industry, and more and more car makers are inching closer to making it a reality. Mercedes-Benz has been creating and offering an increasing number of vehicle functions that assist drivers and at times, automatically take over tasks like braking, steering and parking.
The new 2017 E-Class features many new tech features and is being dubbed the “most intelligent luxury sedan.” Many of these new features will continue to be incorporated into new models as they are launched in the future.
Standard on the new E-Class is PRESAFE® Sound. This system is based on a protective human reflex in the inner ear, called the stapedius reflex. When a collision is detected, the PRESAFE® Sound system emits a short interference signal through the vehicle’s sound system. This signal can trigger the natural reflex and as a result, prepare the occupants’ ears for the expected sound of the accident.
Other crash-detecting features include Active Brake Assist, which also comes standard in the E-Class and is available in several other Mercedes-Benz models. Active Brake Assist can warn the driver of an impending crash, provide just the right level of support during emergency braking and, if necessary, also apply the brakes automatically. The vehicle can detect slow-moving, stopping or stationary vehicles, as well as pedestrians.
Additional technology found inside Mercedes-Benz models includes ATTENTION ASSIST®. The adjustable feature can warn the driver of inattentiveness and drowsiness.
Mercedes’ Crosswind Assist, can assist the driver as he or she feels the impact of strong crosswinds. The system automatically prevents the vehicle from drifting too far off track.
Other new tech highlights found in the E-Class is the optional Driver Assistance Package Plus. Package features include:
- DRIVE PILOT — This system represents Mercedes-Benz’s next step along the road to autonomous driving. While on both freeways and country roads, Distance Pilot DISTRONICcan automatically maintain the selected distance from the vehicle in front. And for the first time, it can also follow the traffic in front at speeds of up to 130 mph. Drivers no longer need to operate the brake or accelerator pedal during normal driving, and also receives plenty of steering assistance from Steering Pilot.
- Steering Pilot uses sensors to actively account for surrounding vehicles and parallel structures at speeds up to 81 mph. The system makes driving much easier, especially in traffic jams or heavy congestion.
- Additional DRIVE PILOT innovations include, for the first time, Active Lanechange Assist.This radar-and-camera-based system assists the driver when changing lanes on multi-lane roads and can steer the vehicle into the lane selected by the driver.
- Active Brake Assist with cross-traffic function — Compared with the standard version of Active Brake Assist, this system can function at higher speeds with respect to vehicles and pedestrians. It also detects crossing traffic at junctions and, if the driver fails to respond, applies the brakes autonomously.
- Evasive Steering Assist — This new system works hand-in-hand with the pedestrian detection function of Active Brake Assist. When the driver performs an evasive maneuver in a dangerous situation, this function can assist by adding just the right amount of steering and torque to support the movement of the steering wheel.
- Remote Parking Pilot — You’ve heard of remote control start, but how about remote parking? This brand new system allows the vehicle to be moved into and out of garages and parking spaces remotely using a smartphone app.
- Car-to-X communication – The 2017 E-Class will have another unique technologic feature — the world’s first fully integral Car-to-X solution. The mobile phone-supported system allows your vehicle to exchange information with other vehicles on the road. This means that the driver can be warned about obstacles, dangers or bad weather on the road well in advance.
The Command System
You can connect to your vehicle and the world from your car, computer or smartphone through the Mercedes-Benzmbrace® system. Mbrace allows you to connect with the world: with a growing variety of apps, remote vehicle features, access to online services, and roadside assistance. Here’s a look at some of thembrace® functions:
- You can control your vehicle remotely through your smartphone withmbrace®. Start your vehicle from anywhere and heat or cool your vehicle to a set temperature before you get in. You also can lock or unlock your vehicle, sound the horn, or locate your car in a crowded parking lot.
- Service technicians and dealers can remotely retrieve data about your car in order to run a virtual diagnostic test and determine what type of service it may need.
- Thembrace® system also can help you summon help in an emergency. By using the i-button in your car or thembrace® mobile app, you can send for roadside assistance. Specially trained agents are a button press away if you need assistance.
- Withmbrace® Entertain, your vehicle itself becomes a WiFi hotspot, and will allow you the option to connect up to four devices to the Internet while driving or riding in your car.
- Mbrace also helps you set up virtual boundaries on your vehicle. Designed to track and protect teen drivers and set limits when you hand your keys over to a valet, these special features can help you locate your vehicle and set speed limits from your phone or computer.
- Your in-vehicle technology system also can serve as a personal assistant and virtual co-pilot. Mbrace Concierge can help you reserve a table at that hot new restaurant or help you book flights, hotels and rental cars. Also, with a push of a button, a helpful Mbrace specialist can assist you in navigating through an unfamiliar area.
Complimentarymbrace® Connect services are now available to owners for five years.